University Career Services Centers
As part of the strategic plan to bolster career services university-wide, GW has embarked on a series of exciting enhancements to benefit students, alumni, parents, faculty/advisors and employers.
The university has various career services departments that are here to help you find the information and support you need. Contact the center that serves your respective school or meets your hiring needs to learn more about the specialized resources and services available to you.
Center for Career Services
The Center for Career Services provides individualized career services and resources for:
- Undergraduate degree-seeking students, undergraduate alumni and international exchange students from Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (including School of Media & Public Affairs), Elliott School of International Affairs, School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, School of Nursing and the Milken Institute School of Public Health
- Graduate degree-seeking students, graduate alumni and international exchange students from Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (including School of Media & Public Affairs), School of Engineering & Applied Science, School of Medicine & Health Sciences and the School of Nursing
Services that are available to all GW students and alumni through the Center for Career Services include:
- Student employment hiring and payroll information and assistance (excluding graduate assistantships)
- Online resources including Leadership Directories, Washington Business Journal, Optimal Resume, Brad Traverse Jobs
- Events and programs, including career and internship fairs, specialized industry career expos, employer information sessions, Buff & Blue Employer Site Visits (undergraduate students only), Employer-in-Residence
- Alumni Career Services webinars, virtual networking and GWAA LinkedIn Group and industry subgroups
School-Based Career Services
Several academic units at GW have specialized career services departments that can help you find the information and support you need. For students and alumni of the following schools, please contact your school career services department for more information on career consulting, internships/job listings, on-campus interviews and additional services:
Serves all undergraduate and graduate students and alumni of the School of Business.
Serves all students and alumni of the Graduate School of Education and Human Development.
Serves all graduate students and graduate alumni of the Elliott School of International Affairs.
SEAS students and alumni are welcome to use the consulting services of both their school-based department and the main Center for Career Services.
Serves all students and alumni of the Law School.
SMHS students and alumni are welcome to use the consulting services of both their school-based department and the main Center for Career Services. The SMHS Office of Student Opportunities provides specialized career services for their medical students and alumni.
Serves all students and alumni of the Graduate School of Political Management.
Serves all students and alumni of the College of Professional Studies.
Serves all graduate students and alumni of the Milken Institute School of Public Health.
Serves all students and alumni of the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration.
Alumni Career Services
The Center for Career Services partners with the Office of Alumni Relations to provide opportunities for our alumni to exchange career advice with fellow Colonials, expand their professional connections, advance their careers and connect with and mentor current students.