Student Employee Excellence Program (SEEP)
The Student Employee Excellence Program (SEEP) is a program for current or potential GW student employees to prepare for the workplace and help make the connection between work, academics, and career development. This is achieved through online workshops and in-person discussions. While the workshop are title Pre-Employment and During Employment, the workshops can be completed at any point for your professional development.
Upon completion of the SEEP program, students will:
- obtain a certification of completion that can be noted on resumes and LinkedIn profiles
- be recognized during National Student Employment Week in the spring semester
Online workshops typically only take about 10-20 minutes to complete. The workshops are grouped by Pre-Employment and During Employment, but may be completed at any time. In order to receive credit for completion, you must complete the short 4-5 question quiz associated with the topic.
- Applying for Jobs & Resume Guidelines | Complete the Applying for Jobs & Resume Guidelines Quiz
- Preparing for Interviews & the Workplace | Complete the Preparing for Interviews & the Workplace Quiz
During Employment Workshops:
- Time Management | Complete the Time Management Quiz
- Succeeding in the Workplace | Complete the Succeeding in the Workplace Quiz
- Personal Strengths Assessment: Self-assessments can help guide you through the exploration of various academic majors and career fields by providing insight into your skills, interests, values and personality traits. One particular assessment, StrengthsQuest, measures your Top 5 Talents to help you with career and leadership development. To take the StrengthsQuest online assessment. Once received, you will be sent an email with further instructions on how to complete the assessment.