Establish a Networking Strategy
Networking is the most effective way to find a job or internship. According to a survey from the Department of Labor, networking accounts for at least 69% of all annual hires.
Any successful job search plan includes identifying key networking strategies, such as participating in informational interviews, employer programs and events and utilizing social media to target and connect with potential contacts.
Attend one of our events or workshops to learn essential key skills:
- Online Profiles & Portfolios
- Strengthening Resumes and Cover letters
- Internship and Job Shadowing Strategies
- Career & internship fairs, industry expos and career forums
Advance Your Networking Skills
Once you’ve become familiar with networking strategies, you can work on growing your skills and start to develop more contacts.
Events and workshops include:
- Career & Internship Fairs
- Student and alumni networking nights
- Industry career expos
- Industry-specific career programs and panels
- Employer information sessions where you’ll have the opportunity to network with employers
You can also conduct informational interviews to network with professionals and learn about a career or industry. Tutorials from interview experts in Interview Stream can help you to prepare and feel comfortable with informational interviewing.