Meet your potential. Discover new career paths. Find amazing jobs and internships. Connect with great companies and non-profits. All in Handshake.
To facilitate the job and internship search for GW students and alumni, the university uses Handshake, the leading career platform at over 400 colleges and more than 200,000 employers. All full-time, degree-seeking GW students and alumni and thousands of employing organizations are registered in Handshake.
Find & Apply to Jobs & Internships
- Search and apply for full-time and part-time jobs and internships specifically posted for GW students and alumni. Positions include full-time, part-time, paid, and unpaid internships and temporary and short-term positions.
- Receive personal recommendations based on your interests, skills, major, location preferences, and search history. Receive automatic notifications of new job postings that meet your preferences.
- Apply for positions that interest you through the on-campus recruiting program and schedule on-campus interviews with various organizations.
Explore & Network
- Find employers and organizations at top financial institutions, cutting-edge tech firms, leading design and marketing agencies, nonprofits making the world a better place, and more
- Connect with your GW peers and others across the nation
Make Appointments with Career Coaches
- Make an appointment with your Career Coach to assist you with the preparation, search and interview process.
- RSVP to attend dozens of career and internship fairs, career development workshops, networking receptions and employer information sessions
Access Guides and Other Search Resources
- Use the resources library to access resume and cover letter guides, exclusive access to resources, and industry-focused tip sheets
Login to your Handshake Account to complete your profile and put your best self forward to employers. For single sign-on, access with @gwu.edu email address with password and login information for Handshake. Incoming students for the fall will receive this information in mid-July prior to their first semester.
Also, review the Handshake Help Center for dozens of resources - including quick videos - to help you navigate the system. For tips on how to deal with possible fraudulent employers, please read the information at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about Handshake or need assistance with your account, contact [email protected].
Please note to gain access to Handshake, alumni must have a NETID and an @gwu.eduemail account. If you need assistance with obtaining a NETID and/or an @gwu.edu email address, please visit the alumni website. If you do not have an existing Handshake account and need to create one, you can request an account. You will receive a response within a week of your submission confirming your account creation. If you have any questions, please contact the Handshake Help Desk at [email protected].