GW Career Quest
Career Quest offers GW students an exclusive opportunity to gain an up-close and personal experience with leading organizations in major cities, including New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Atlanta.
The program allows students to hone their informational interviewing and networking skills with employers, learn how an organization works, hear from employers about their professional journeys, and explore and experience the culture and pulse of exciting cities!
GW Career Quest Los Angeles applications are now closed.
You can also view previous city-based career panels via GW's Center for Career Services YouTube page.
Considered Selection Criteria
- Eligibility You must be a currently matriculating undergraduate or graduate student* in order to apply for this program.
- Academic standing (participation is contingent upon maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5)
- Disciplinary standing (the selection process will contain a review of non-academic disciplinary conduct records as maintained by the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities)
- Demonstration of your academic and professional goals
- Quality of writing and interview responses
*Part-time undergraduate students, exchange students, recent graduates, and full-time GW employees are ineligible for this program. GW faculty & staff taking classes or enrolled in a degree program at GW must have the primary designation in Banner "student" in order to be eligible to submit an application.
- Participants are required to attend all mandatory meetings prior to departure as well as submit a program evaluation and end-of-program assignment.
- Participants must cover the cost of transportation to and from the CQ city and all dinners. In cities where public transportation is the primary means of getting around, students will be required to cover this cost.*
*If you believe you may need financial assistance for travel to and from the CQ city, please apply for aid by completing the Financial Need form when submitting your application.
GW Career Quest is sponsored by the Center for Career Services and the Career Services Council and supported by a generous gift from Board of Trustees Emeritus Mark R. Shenkman, MBA '67, and his wife Rosalind.
If you have further questions about GW Career Quest, please email us at [email protected].