Global Job & Internship Resources
Finding Global Opportunities
Use these resources to discover international internship and job opportunities, sign up for the Jobs Abroad Newsletter, and find general/regional programs. Here are select resources to get started:
- GW Study Abroad & Internships: Resources for Finding International Internships (PDF)
- Find Jobs in China (exclusively for GW Chinese students; access thru Handshake)
- Global Jobs
- GW Career Connect: student-to-alumni networking platform
- GW Center for Undergraduate Research & Fellowships
Opportunities through GW Study Abroad
Gain global experiences through these opportunities facilitated by the Office for Study Abroad:
- GW Passport (List of Program Providers)
- GW Global Bachelor's Program
When pursuing any job/intern/volunteer opportunity, it is your responsibility to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting employment and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization to which you are applying. Be prudent and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position.
- Meet with a Study Abroad Advisor
- Meet with a Career Coach
- Use the GW Libraries Global Databases & Research Guides
If you have questions and/or concerns about a posting or pursuing an opportunity, please contact your career coach or [email protected].
International Travel Planning
Useful information for traveling overseas:
- Preparing to Study Abroad
- U.S. Department of State: How to Apply for a U.S. Passport
- U.S. Department of State: Travel Alerts & Warnings
- GW International Travel Approval Process
Fund Your International Internship
Seeking funding to help with your unpaid international internship?
- Consider the GW Knowledge in Action Career Internship Fund (KACIF) and plan accordingly based on the deadline dates. Watch this clip of past KACIF recipients talking about how the award helped them with their unpaid internships.
- Check out other funding opportunities by exploring our Funding Opportunities page.
GW Students Abroad
GW Student Highlights: Read this USAToday article about two GW students who have interned globally.
Do you have global experience? Tell us about it:
Share your own international volunteer or internship experience with fellow Colonials. You may be highlighted in the monthly Jobs Abroad newsletter and on this site.
- Pre-Abroad Experience: If you have been accepted for a global volunteer, internship, or career position, let us know!
- Post-Abroad Experience: Complete this form containing several questions and upload a few photos of your experience.