Develop Workplace Skills
Learning about professional communication and methods you can use to effectively manage time, set goals and execute tasks is very important for developing workplace skills.
Actions you can take to gain hands-on work experience and develop workplace skills include:
- Attend an upcoming workshop to learn how to make a smooth transition into professional employment. Key elements often discussed are organizational structure and culture, as well as how to behave and succeed in the workplace.
- Search for an internship.
- Obtain a Federal Work Study or part-time job or participate in ongoing community service.
Advance Your Workplace and Interdisciplinary Skills
After you complete the advanced workplace and interdisciplinary skill activities, you will further develop your personal and professional etiquette skills, identify key elements of organizational structure and culture and understand ethics in the workplace:
- Attend an upcoming Business Etiquette dinner.
- Attend upcoming industry-specific programs and events.