GW UN 360
UN 360 provides GW full-time undergraduate students and current graduate students an exclusive opportunity to learn about the work of the United Nations and its partner organizations as they work together to support the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The program includes a semester-long series of site visits, lectures, and workshops in Washington, DC, and New York City, or virtually. Through this experience, you will deepen your understanding of the work of the UN and its partners, connect with professionals and alumni in the field, and explore career possibilities within these organizations!
UN 360 is not currently accepting applications.
Considered Selection Criteria
- Eligibility You must be a currently matriculating undergraduate or graduate student in order to apply for this program. Undergraduates must be full-time students taking 17 credits or less.*
- Academic standing (participation is contingent upon maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5)
- Disciplinary standing (the selection process will contain a review of non-academic disciplinary conduct records as maintained by the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities)
- Demonstration of your academic and professional goals
- Quality of writing and interview responses
* Part-time undergraduate students, exchange students, recent graduates, and full-time GW employees are ineligible for this program. GW faculty & staff taking classes or enrolled in a degree program at GW-your primary designation in Banner must be "student" in order to be eligible to submit an application.
- Participants are required to attend all mandatory orientations, site visits, lectures, and other activities in both DC and NYC, as well as submit all program assignments.
- Participants must cover the cost of transportation to and from NYC and all dinners.*
* If you believe you may need financial assistance for travel to and from NYC, please apply for aid by completing the Financial Need form when submitting your application.
Past UN 360 Site Visits
- American Red Cross
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- UN Headquarters
- United Nations Foundation
- US Mission to the United Nations
- World Bank
- World Food Programme (WFP)
UN 360 Student Testimonials
If you have further questions about UN 360, please email us at [email protected]